The Legal Stuff
This "In Short" is a non-legally-binding introductory summary of (and not a substitute for) the terms & conditions. This summary highlights only some of the key features of the actual terms & conditions. It is not an agreement and has no legal value. You should carefully review the actual terms & conditions.
You grant S.C. TreeHouse LLC the right to:
- Distribute your titles and associated metadata to stores and online platforms
- Collect all revenue from stores and online platforms in connection with your titles, which we then pass on to you less the cost of printing.
With the understanding that:
- You control the necessary rights.
- You can withdraw your title(s) from S.C. TreeHouse LLC at any time, but remain bound to the rules stores and online platforms already delivered to.
- Stores and online platforms may decline titles. Your titles are not guaranteed to be in/on all stores and online platforms.
- You can opt out territories, stores, and online platforms.
- You communicate with our stores and online platforms only through us, not directly. This keeps duplicated orders and miscommunications to a minimum.
Money and Royalties:
- You make 80%. Out of revenue generated from the sales and views of your book, you receive the first *profit-cut of 80%. In short, if a dollar is made, you get your 80 cents first. This is paid to you quarterly once a $50 threshold is reached to prevent unnecessary taxes you otherwise would have to pay.
- 10% goes to missions. Even though we operate as a distributing platform for christian and non-christian content like. We do make it a mandator practice to donate 10% of all profits to missions. These missions we donate your book's 10% to can be chosen by you (the creator), but if not, we will automatically give it to the ones in most need. This is our way of being stewards of what the the Lord gives us.
- 10% goes to the platforms. The final 10% for revenue is set aside for any kind of service fees charged by the platforms we distribute your books on/to. If there is any funds left over once service fees are paid, the remaining money will go to the maintaining, marketing, and promotion of your book on those platforms.
*Profit-cuts are set percentages of the generated revenue given to a person or entity out of the remaining funds after distributing and platform fees are taken out by the outlets (i.e. Amazon, Nook).
Some most-asked questions:
- Am I signing over all distribution rights? No. The only rights we take are the obvious ones we need to run the service. For example, the right to deliver the titles you upload to stores and online platforms on your behalf.
- Can I upload "unsold" titles only? No. We operate non-exclusively. We can augment other distribution deals you might have with territories and outlets they don't cover. We just ask not to deliver to the same outlets. You can exclude specific outlets and territories per title.
- Am I tied into a long term contract? No. You can pull your titles anytime. There might be some delay by the terms of platforms already delivered to, though.